Job No: S3703
Location: Anglicare SQ – Children & Families – Logan, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Children & Families have a long history of providing family and children support services, including family intervention, foster and kinship care, counselling, relationship support and much more. We provide Fostering, Residential and Semi-Independent services to children and young people with complex support needs, who are not able to live with their own family and are living in out-of-home-care.
Due to the development of two new youth programs, we are looking for several Senior Youth Workers for part time work in the South East / Logan regions. These programs are designed to support young people in residential care who are on Child Protection or Youth Justice orders to become actively engaged with school based or alternative education programs, training or employment opportunities. Each case will be individually tailored to suit the young person, their needs and life goals.
This is an identified role and Anglicare SQ considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under S25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
Complimenting your exceptional communication skills and previous experience in child and family support will be:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, and to identify with this heritage
- Strong leadership and guidance skills with the ability to share knowledge and information with a team
- Understanding and development of meaningful connections with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community networks & people
- Exceptional record keeping and reporting and capacity to support others with administration requirements
- Ability to engage youth quickly and effectively and support them in education and employment opportunities
- Offering support and supervision to ensure homework and other structured tasks are completed as required
- Sound understanding of the behaviours and development of young people, working from a trauma-informed framework
- Confidence and professional response to crisis situations – working within risk and compliance guidelines
- A team player who works in a collaborative manner, but is capable of operating autonomously on a daily basis
- Ability to provide a positive adult role model to young people, assisting them to develop confidence and self-worth
- Effective contribution to Care Plans by providing evidence-based insight, assessments and evaluations
You are required to hold:
- To identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander (this is viewed as a genuine occupational requirement)
- Minimum Diploma in Child, Youth & Family Intervention, Youth Services, Youth Justice, Community Services or similar field
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Current First Aid Certificate with CPR
- A current Queensland Driver Licence
- Be willing and able work a 24/7 rotating roster which is likely to include weekends and public holidays
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working in your local community, providing encouragement and development to children and young people
- The opportunity to further develop your leadership skills in Children and Family services
- Work/life balance with part time hours within the Logan region
- Career progression and growth in the form of internal and external training
The post Senior Youth Worker – Identified Indigenous role appeared first on Indigenous Employment Australia | Indigenous Jobs and Opportunities.